This is the Chicken Curry Puffs recipe modern version. This beautiful large oven-baked as an opening or a snack. They are spicy and tasty, with a smooth coconut milk base.
To make it we need 30 minutes to prepare and 50 minutes to cook.
Chicken Curry Puffs Ingredients
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, or more as needed
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 stalk lemon grass, thinly sliced
- 1 red chile pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 large russet potato, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (17.25 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
Chicken Curry Puffs Photos Gallery
Chicken Curry Puffs Directions
- First, heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in coriander, turmeric, cumin, and curry powder. Cook a few seconds until fragrant. Pour in coconut milk, onions, lemon grass, and red pepper; cook until the vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes. Stir in potato and continue cooking for 12 minutes, adding more coconut milk if the mixture becomes too dry. Stir in the chicken, then season with salt. Cook and stir until chicken and potato has absorbed most of the liquid, then spread mixture on a plate to cool.
- Then, preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unfold puff pastry and cut each sheet into 9 squares. Place heaping spoonfuls of the filling in the center of each square. Gather all 4 corners of the pastry and pinch together at the top, forming a small pouch. Place each pastry on the baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- And bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 22 to 27 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Chicken Curry Puffs Video
You can wrap Chicken Curry Puffs in a different way – as a roll, sealed bags or bundles of semi-open.