The story is a fairy tale that is very popular for children. Even, sometimes they making it an idol. Well, if your child is like, why do not you try to make a Fairy castle cake?
Here goes the recipe for you. And look at the ingredients needed below.
Fairy Castle Cake Ingredients
- Dollar Sweets Magic Fairy Dust, to decorate
- 1-2 tsp pink food colouring
- 2 quantities butter cake (see related recipe)
- 2 quantities butter cream icing (see related recipe)
- 2 Mike & Jack Strawberry Flavoured X-treme Sour Straps, cut into thin strips
- 4 ice-cream cones
- 15 musk sticks
- 1 x 25g pkt Dollar Sweets Fairy Friends
- 32 white and pink mini marshmallows, halved horizontally
- 35g pink fairy floss
- 85g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- 1 x 375g pkt white chocolate melts
- 4 x 375g pkts Top Taste Jam Sponge Roll
Fairy Castle Cake Photos Gallery
Fairy Castle Cake Directions
- First, place icing in a large bowl. Add food colouring and stir until well combined.
- Then, use a large serrated knife to trim all 4 sides of each cake. Place a little icing on the base of 1 cake, then place it on a cake board or serving platter. Spread a little icing over the top of the cake and top with the remaining cake.
- Next, use a small sharp knife to cut an arch from each corner of the cake stack. Place the sponge rolls into the arches to make towers. (See tip 2, below.)
- After that, spread remaining icing over the sides and top of the cake to cover. Use a spatula or round-bladed knife to spread the icing in an upwards motion up the sides of the sponge rolls.
- Cut 2 of the musk sticks in half crossways and place, at a 45-degree angle, in the centre of one side of the castle to make a drawbridge. Cut half of the remaining musk sticks into 2cm lengths. Cut the remaining musk sticks into 3cm lengths. Press two 3cm musk stick pieces, side-by-side, next to one of the towers. Place two 2cm pieces next to the taller musk sticks. Repeat with the remaining musk stick pieces to create walls around the castle.
- Place 4 pink marshmallow halves, cut-side up, onto one side of the cake to make a flower. Repeat with remaining pink and white marshmallow halves to make 4 flowers on all 4 sides of the cake. Place the sour strap strips at the base of each flower to make stems, cutting to fit.
- Place the white chocolate melts in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Stir with a metal spoon until the chocolate melts and is smooth. Use a round-bladed knife to spread each ice-cream cone with a little melted chocolate. Dust with the fairy dust to coat. Set aside until set.
- Meanwhile, spread the remaining melted chocolate on the cake board around the castle. Sprinkle with the coconut to cover.
- Last, place an ice-cream cone, round-side down, on top of each tower. Place the fairy floss in the centre of the cake to decorate and arrange the Fairy Friends on top to serve.
Fairy Castle Cake Video
Little princess will love the Fairy castle cake, complete with yarn and pink fairy sprinkles.