Make the most of seasonal plums with this sweet, creamy pud. And try to make Fruit cups.
I’ll share the recipe.
Fruit Cups Ingredients
- Almond or vanilla essence
- A few blanched almonds or toasted flaked almonds, to decorate
- 2 tbsp semolina
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 300ml (½pint) milk
- 500g (1lb) ripe red plums, washed stalks removed
Fruit Cups Photos Gallery
Fruit Cups Directions
- First, put the whole plums in a pan with 150ml water and 3 tbsp of the sugar. Simmer until tender, then leave to cool.
- Then, pour the stewed plums into a sieve over a bowl, and push the juice and pulp through to make about 550ml of purée. Discard the stones and skins.
- Next, mix the semolina to a paste with some of the milk in a large bowl, heat the rest of the milk and pour it into the paste. Mix well, then pour it all back into the pan, bring to the boil, stirring and cook gently for 10 mins. Take off the heat and stir in the rest of the sugar.
- After that, leave the semolina to go cold, stirring it occasionally. Flavour with almond or vanilla essence and then gradually stir in 300ml of the plum purée.
- And spoon into 4 glasses and leave to set firmer. To serve, spoon the rest of the plum purée on top and decorate with almonds.
Fruit Cups Video
Serve Fruit Cups in a beautiful glass if you have guests for dinner.