Other combinations of this Lemon Swiss roll are also delicious – try raspberry and vanilla or chocolate and marshmallow.
Quite easy to make.
Lemon Swiss Roll Ingredients
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 medium eggs
- 60g (2oz) butter, softened
- 125g (4oz) caster sugar
- 125g (4oz) self-raising flour
For the filling:
- Caster sugar, for dredging
- 6-8 tablespoons good-quality lemon curd
You’ll also need:
- 28 x 18cm (11 x 7in) Swiss roll tin, lined with baking parchment
Lemon Swiss Roll Photos Gallery
Lemon Swiss Roll Directions
- First, place the butter, sugar, flour, eggs, lemon zest and juice into a bowl, and beat until smooth. Spoon the mixture into the Swiss-roll tin and spread it out evenly. Bake the sponge in the centre of a preheated oven at 200°C, 400°F or gas 6 for about 10-12 mins.
- Meanwhile, dredge a piece of baking parchment with caster sugar. As soon as the sponge is cooked – it will spring back when lightly pressed – remove it from the oven and tip it out on to the sugared baking parchment. Peel away the lining paper.
- Then, working quickly, trim the edges and spread over the lemon curd, then roll the Swiss roll up fairly tightly, using the paper to help. Keep the roll wrapped in the baking parchment until it cools, to help it keep its shape.
- Once cool, remove the baking parchment and dredge Swiss roll with a little extra caster sugar, if desired.
Lemon Swiss Roll Video
Cooking time (duration):32 Mins
Serve Lemon Swiss roll with cream or a cup of tea.