Give a surprise on your child’s birthday by giving Mickey Mouse birthday cake.
And this time, I’ll share the recipe.
Mickey Mouse Birthday Cake Ingredients
For the chocolate cake:
- 2g baking powder (½tsp)
- 3g salt (½tsp)
- 4 eggs
- 10ml plain flour
- 55g cocoa powder
- 125g plain flour
- 225g butter
- 400 g caster sugar
For the chocolate frosting:
- White chocolate (for Mickey’s face)
- Milk chocolate buttons to decorate
- 4tbsp of milk
- 45g cocoa powder
- 80g butter
- 180g icing sugar
You’ll also need:
- 1 x 20cm round baking tin
- 2 x 8cm pudding tins (for the ears)
Mickey Mouse Birthday Cake Photos Gallery
Mickey Mouse Birthday Cake Directions
- First, preheat oven to 180ºC/350°F/gas mark 5. Line a round baking tin and the 2 pudding tins with grease proof paper.
- Then, in a large bowl melt butter in a microwave. Then stir in sugar, eggs, and 1tsp vanilla. Sift in the cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder then mix together. Divide and spread the batter into the prepared tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 – 35 mins.
- After that, to make the frosting: Melt the butter in a saucepan. When melted sift in the cocoa then cook for about 1 min over a low heat. Add in the milk and sift in the icing sugar.
- Next, to assemble and decorate: Place the large round cake on a plate and place the two small cakes either side at the top of the cake for Mickey’s ears.
- And frost the cakes with chocolate frosting while they’re still warm. Melt the white chocolate and place in an icing bag then draw Mickey’s face on the cake. Decorate with chocolate buttons as shown.
- Mickey Mouse Birthday Cake Video
Cooking time (duration):1 Hr 10 Mins
Try to make a Mickey Mouse birthday cake, and your child will be happy.