Who could resist a macaroon with a cup of tea? Would you also like it?
Follow this recipe about how to make your own version of the popular afternoon tea treat. Here is Multicoloured Macaroons recipe.
Multicoloured Macaroons Ingredients
- Pink, yellow and green food colouring
- 3 large free range egg whites
- 75g (2 ½oz) caster sugar
- 175g (6oz) icing sugar
- 125g (4 ½oz) ground almonds
- Favoured flavouring choices (e.g. peppermint, lemon, orange, vanilla essence)
- 50g (2oz) icing sugar
- 150g (5oz) butter, softened
Chocolate ganache filling:
- 150ml (5fl oz) double cream
- 150g (5oz) dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
Multicoloured Macaroons Photos Gallery
Multicoloured Macaroons Directions
- First, preheat oven to 160°C/320°F/Gas Mark 3.
- Then, line two baking sheets with baking paper. Place icing sugar and ground almonds into food processor. Mix to make fine mixture and sift into bowl.
- Next, place egg whites into non-stick bowl and add pinch of salt. Whisk to soft peaks and gradually add sugar until thick and glossy. Divide this mixture into two bowls and add food colouring accordingly.
- After that, fold half the almond and sugar mixture into the macaroon mixture with spatula or metal spoon. Fold in remaining half until thick and shiny. Spoon into piping bag fitted with 1cm-plain nozzle.
- Pipe small equal rounds of mixture about 3cm from each other on baking sheets. Put baking sheets gently on work surface and leave for 10-15 mins to form light skin. Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven to cool.
- Beat together butter, icing sugar and flavouring to make buttercream filling. Spoon or pipe on to macaroon and top with other half.
- Last, melt cream and chocolate in bowl over simmering water to make ganache. Stir until combined, then remove from heat and continue stirring until cooled and thickened. Leave to cool before filling macaroon as before.
Multicoloured Macaroons Video
Cooking time (duration):35 Mins
Already, try to practice Multicoloured Macaroons recipe.