This time I will share Pleated Shimmer Christmas cake recipe. And if you make this cake, the guests who came would be very happy.
We will take 30 minutes for preparation and 3 hours 30 minutes to cook.
Pleated Shimmer Christmas Cake Ingredients
- Pearl Lustre Spray (eg, PME)
- Edible gold stars
- Gold ribbon for decoration
- Artificial ivy leaves
- 1kg packet white sugarpaste
- 3 gold candles
- 4-6 level tablespoons apricot glaze or sieved apricot jam
- 20cm (8in) round fruit cake – like this cranberry and orange fruit cake
- Approx. 23cm (11in) round, flat plate or cake drum
- 750g (1½lb) white marzipan
Pleated Shimmer Christmas Cake Photos Gallery
Pleated Shimmer Christmas Cake Directions
- First, upturn the cake and place it centrally on a plate or cake drum. Cover, using the warm apricot glaze or jam, and marzipan, as shown in steps 1-3 of the “Classic Chic” cake. Knead the sugarpaste to soften, then roll out to 4-5mm thickness on a surface lightly dusted with icing sugar. Cut out rectangles about 20 x 5cm (8 x 2in), then cut in half diagonally.
- Then, brush some water over the marzipan and arrange triangles so they overlap each other, with the points meeting in the centre. If possible, have the last triangle going under the first, but if the first one is stuck down too securely, just stick the last one overlapping on top, if necessary. Roll 3 balls of sugarpaste, dampen the bases and press them in the centre of the cake to hold the candles.
- Next, spray the cake with lustre colour. It may be hard to spray evenly so, if necessary, give the cake 2 light coatings, then leave just long enough for the colour to dry.
- And cut the 3 candles to slightly different lengths, and while the sugarpaste is still soft, stick them into the balls on top of the cake. Sprinkle edible stars over the top of the cake. Hide sugarpaste balls with small bows of gold ribbon, and artificial ivy leaves. Tie a gold ribbon around the base of the cake.
Pleated Shimmer Christmas Cake Video
Cooking time (duration): 4 Hours
Already, do not hesitate to make Pleated Shimmer Christmas cake, good luck.