Want to make a fruit cake but do not have much time? This simple recipe is ready in under an hour. This is the Quick and easy fruit cake recipe.
Require 10 minutes to prepare and 45 minutes to cook.
Quick and Easy Fruit Cake Ingredients
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100ml goats’ milk
- 100g (4oz) goats’ butter
- 100g (4oz) soft brown sugar
- 225g (9oz) self-raising flour
- 275g (11oz) dried mixed fruit
Quick and Easy Fruit Cake Photos Gallery
Quick and Easy Fruit Cake Directions
- First, preheat the oven to 170°C (gas mark 3).
- Then, grease and line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Next, allow the butter to soften then beat it with the sugar until light and creamy.
- Sift together the flour and spices.
- Gradually stir the milk, eggs and flour and dried fruit into the butter and sugar mixture. Mix well.
- After that, place in the tin and make a slight hollow in the middle.
- And last, bake for about 45 mins or until firm to touch.
Quick and Easy Fruit Cake Video
Quick and easy fruit cake is the perfect treat with your afternoon cup of tea.