Give the American classic red velvet cake update festive by topping with cool peppermint frosting and some crushed candy canes.
This is Red velvet peppermint cake recipe, takes 10 minutes to prepare and 25 minutes to cook.
Red Velvet Peppermint Cake Ingredients
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 x tub Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting (or use our cream cheese frosting recipe and add a few drops of peppermint essence)
- 1 (9oz) yellow cake mix
- 1 (18.25oz) white cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons liquid red food coloring
- 3 egg whites
- Green plastic Christmas trees or similar cake decorations
- 6 (5-inch) red and white peppermint candy canes, crushed
- 12 (5-inch) green candy canes, broken
- 12 round peppermint candies
Red Velvet Peppermint Cake Photos Gallery
Red Velvet Peppermint Cake Directions
- First, beat first 4 ingredients according to cake mix package directions.
- Then, beat yellow cake mix and next 6 ingredients according to package directions. Spoon red batter alternately with white batter into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cakepans. Swirl batter gently with a knife.
- Next, bake at 350°F for 22 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool on wire racks.
- And spread Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish with the crushed candies, if desired. Serve within 2 hours.
Red Velvet Peppermint Cake Video
Cooking time (duration):35 Mins
Red velvet peppermint cake is very tasty and perfect for your day.